The reality of this post is that I was looking to explain that President Obama doesn’t want your guns and that doing so would be idiotic however while doing research for said post I found an article that should worry all firearms owners. The reason I kept the title is because I truly thought that Obama didn’t want to take my guns and doing so would be political suicide. However I wanted to highlight that my opinion has changed and that while I am still unsure if Obama will make a move to actually take our guns, I am certain that his administration is paving the way for another President to do just that.
Obama has taken a bit of a turn in my opinion and the reasoning behind that is because he seems to enjoy superseding the Supreme Court. In case you missed it Obama made what even Jon Stewart interpreted as threatening remarks that were directed at the Supreme Court over his health care mandate. He was taunting them. Daring them to overturn his healthcare law so that he could somehow overturn their ruling. His remarks were out of bounds so out of bounds that the DOJ had to issue a statement to make sure you know that Obama knows that the courts can overturn his laws. It is with this in mind that I took more stock in what I was reading about the UN Small Arms Control Treaty. The Obama administration has put it’s full weight behind the treaty through Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. How would this treaty affect law abiding gun owners throughout the land? I’m glad you asked.
- Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
- Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
- Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).
- Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
- In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.
The United States has been on the path to a police state for a very long time now. The removal of our right to bear arms would certainly be the icing on the cake. What is more frightening than a heavily armed police state when you have absolutely no way to defend yourselves? By the way firearms are not the only thing under attack because free speech, internet privacy and the right to protest have also come under fire recently.